User Comments

18.1.2018 19:16:05

I did not implement any kind of algorithm to evaluate entry points, the moment in time when your unique strategy should be executed on exact selection and exact but type.

If you think about it, it is actually the key factor to become profitable bettor or trader.

There is zillion of ways to achieve it and any of the ways is unique depending on your knowledge of sport, betting/trading and mainly your knowledge of software development as in last year’s many could apply machine learning to this process.

In your case you can create trigger script to evaluate what you say, so calculate traded odds range and from that decide at what odds range you allow to execute your trading strategy.

If you are not able to program them you must do so manually selecting horses you think would moved favorably to your set trading criteria.

This article shows what a trigger script is and how to use it.

18.1.2018 16:40:21

Use trading bot: “Place Bet and Close Selection Bet Position” setting Profit and Loss parameters (of course you can set different parameters for this bot to influence bot behavior when placing opening bet and closing one, test different settings).

“Repeat Until” bot did not offer parameters required by your strategy, but I have just added two parameters: StopOnTime and to RepeatUntilParameter has been added “LossTarget”.

Install the latest version of bfexplorer. First, test in practice mode only.

10.1.2018 18:09:51

Bfexplorer is living app, and as I use it myself for daily trading, building my bots or building bespoke solutions on this platform, things can change, and sometimes very rapidly.

If you would specify a feature, really nice one, the app feature that could be used by many, not just something only you would use, then depending on amount of time it needs for implementation, it can appear in bfexplorer in hours or just couple days.

The same is true, when you find a bug, as I use bfexplorer myself, I can fix such bug in minutes and release new version of bfexplorer the same day you report a problem/bug.

There are many such features added to bfexplorer and advertised only on my blog posts, for instance this feature:

http://bfexplorer.net/Community/BlogContent/291 #Analyzing betfair data to trigger trading on horse racing markets.

In very old videos, you could see “My Bots” view/window. English is foreign language for me, and I understand what a term “bot” means in this context, on the other hand for others this term is misleading.

Therefore in one discussion on forum, where one user coming from financial background, where they use terms like instrument and order, I took a term order as better way to declare what or bot does.

Bot basically places a bet when criteria are met, or better to say it is instruction of how a bet should be placed, it is and order which can be executed, therefore whenever the bot term had been used I added order, so My Bots view became “My Orders / Bots to Execute”

So when you add a bot to the view/window: “My Orders / Bots to Execute” you create your bot for later use/reuse therefore the full name: My Bots to Execute.

Some people thought that after you create a bot, it is automatically executed, therefore that addition to original “My Bots” to Execute.

Other betfair apps use terms like triggers, rules or guardians. But such terms are not so suitable in bfexplorer context, here is better to use bot, as piece of code executing automated tasks:

Yes, in some videos you can see a lot of bots in “Add a new bot” dialog as I do bespoke bot development as well, but such bots are not publicly available. Bfexplorer offers 23 bots, plus 5 Community Bots. To community bot assembly I added helpful bots like bots for saving market prices to database, or helper bots like: “Horse Racing Race Status” so basically bots which do not place bets, but are helpful in analyzing data, and so on.

Community Bots are also available in source code, included in Bfexplorer BOT SDK.

8.1.2018 18:28:11

Did you really install bfexplorer?

On Internet can circulate free version of bfexplorer that does not offer bots and automation. I blocked betfair api access for this app, so even you installed it, that app cannot activate api access so you cannot use it. Only full version activates your access to betfair api, so you may used/installed both apps, and now you open free version of bfexplorer app without My Bots view/window, after activating api access with full version of bfexplorer.

Use full version of bfexplorer!

You can change app layout, and closed/hide do not used views, if you did so by accident then just click on menu item View / My Orders / Bots to Execute

Please watch this video showing how to change app layout:

http://bfexplorer.net/Products/Feature/12 #Application layout and workspaces

Keep in mind that users use different screen resolutions, and default app layout may show just some of views, therefore customize your app layout for your use. On my videos you can see different app layout I use for trading and for bots execution only. You can prepare different app layouts for different sports as well, for instance for trading on tennis, or football/soccer:

Just one hint, just read app screen and menu, icons offers tooltips, so you should know for what they are used, when you hover mouse over toolbar icons. Icons are pictograms so if icons presents (+) plus symbol in any use case scenario it represents an adding action, add a bot, add a favorite event and so on.

8.1.2018 16:53:14

You are using full version, trialing it for free.

You subscribe for your monthly api access, therefore just click on Subscribe page:

In My Bots view there are icons (you can click on them), one of them is Add (Add a new bot), watch video here:

http://bfexplorer.net/Products/Feature/23 #My betfair bots

Bettingexpert blocks my api access, so tool is not offered anymore, it was actually my blog post showing personal built of that tool.

17.12.2017 11:47:27

It seems you are using betfair api for commercial use, not personal one. Betfair will soon close your account.

If you use betfair api for personal use, and want to build your own bots, then you can use bfexplorer bot sdk.

3.12.2017 13:48:40

I have just added bot: “Save Market Prices to Database” to community bots. Install the latest version of bfexplorer.

Bot save market data to MSSQL database: MarketPricesDatabase

Download the database from this link:

At least base knowledge of using SQL and MSSQL database is required. Have a look at View AllPriceData to learn how to query your data. Database structure is normalized to 6 tables. Bot uses stored procedures to save data to database.

14.11.2017 10:10:14

On the main app toolbar you have got button: “Use Bet Event Trader”, when active bfexplorer presents its user interface with ladders in Bet Event Trader view (ladders) , when you switch it off “Bet Event” view with market grid is presented.

I would suggest you to choose you betting/trading interface and also change layout, so size and position of other views, you can switch off those views you will not use, and then add your app layout clicking on menu item View / My Workspaces / Add.

This way you can create different workspaces, for instance I do so creating two workspaces naming them: Bot, Trading. So the Bot workspace is market grid, and Trading workspace with ladders as the main user interface.

Once you create such workspace it is automatically loaded at each bfexplorer startup, more about app layouts here:

Application layout and workspaces

10.11.2017 18:55:04

CashoutAll officially released by betfair:

4.11.2017 12:13:13

I created short video showing how to use Bot Executor. It is actually quite simple:

You have to create your bot settings in “Bots to Execute” adding your dutch bot. You can configure many different settings of your dutch bot, not just one like in my example, I named my bot setting: My Horse Racing Dutch Strategy.

When creating more setting for the same bot, it is a good idea to name it appropriately, so by name you can distinguish among different bot settings.

You want to execute your bot on some markets, and markets are browsed in Event Browser. As you can see in my video I created my favorite events, in Navigation view. You should created you filter for horse racing at least, so whenever you open bfexplorer you will have Horse Racing in Navigation list, otherwise you will have to click on “Upcoming in-play events”, and then in Event Browser on Horse Racing, but this default settings shows all horse racing win markets from all countries.

In my video I show what you should set in “My Bet Event” dialog.

So now you have got horse racing win markets from GB and IE in your “Event Browser”, and you want to execute your bot on all markets or on manually selected ones.

Select at least one market, so “Execute in Order / Bot Executor” icon is active, now you can click on that icon and “Open in Order / Bot Executor” dialog appears, here you select your bot you want to execute and set: “Start execution time”. This time is relative time span from official market start time, the race off time in your case. You want 3 minutes, so you set -00:03:00.

If you want to execute your bot only on selected market/s, then leave “Open only selected” checked, otherwise uncheck it, so your bot will be executed on all markets listed in “Event Browser”.

In my video I wanted executed my bot only on those 3 selected markets.

At the end of my video I showed what should be done first. You should run your bot for test purposes on couple markets, because you bot offers 12 different parameters you can set with different values, so this way you should ensure that settings works as requested.

Bfexplorer offers “Practice Mode” so when it is activated, no bets are placed on betfair, but bfexplorer and your bots act like real bets were placed on markets. I really suggest testing your strategy in “Practice Mode”, you can run it for couple days to find a profitable bot settings, and/or list of races on which your strategy generates profits.

31.10.2017 16:59:35

Bfexplorer offers automatic bot execution using tool Bot Executor. In Event Browser you open markets by creating your favorite events list, you can do so jut by one click, so for instance you set horse racing win markets from countries: GB and IE. Betfair returns maximal 1000 active markets, for horse racing betfair opens markets for 3 days, I think.

You will get automatic execution, but only for limited number of markets. I also develop bespoke built apps allowing to reload markets, so able to run in 24/7 mode, but such app starts from 500 GBP.

Yes, you will be able to set how many favorites you want to dutch, by default I set it to 3.

When back dutching, you can set the total stake to back, from this stake is calculated reached profit, so percentage from stake can be calculated as well, if minimal set profit percentage is not reached, the dutch bets will not be placed.

You will set bot time execution, relatively to official race start time, for instance 1 minute, if profit percentage is not reached dutch bets will not be placed.

Ok

This information is for now not available in betfair api data, these days betfair prepares some updates:

Race type will be added.

From another befair web api I can get, distance, eligibility, going, classification, race type, but not race class.

Ok

Ok

My price for such bot project is 180 GBP, time to deliver in 2-3 days.

30.10.2017 19:37:12

Click on info email and send me your exact bot specification.

14.10.2017 17:33:21

SPORTSBETTER posted on betfair forum following request: FOOTBALL CODING (DOUBLE BACKING)

I will not speculate about quality of his bot code, but will say what could go wrong when programming with betfair api, and what some software developers do not realize when implementing betfair bots.

Our applications/bots communicate with betfair using betfair API in request/response manner through the Internet, and so a lot could go wrong.

* Internet connection or latency problems

* Terminated connection

* Betfair api services problems

All that could happen anytime, and the worst-case scenario is when our api request was processed by betfair but response was not deliver back. When communication problems happen during a bet operation, and it is not handled correctly by bot code, the bot can place double bets.

Bfexplorer bots are implemented to correctly handle the above issues and more. What will happen, when part of bet is matched and offered odds moves? What will happen when bot placed a bet and market is suspended, so unmatched bets are cancelled?

Those are questions bot developer should deal with some way in his bot code, so it means that bet place operation is not just simple call of betfair api method: placeOrders.

For instance, when bot should place a bet under minimal stake amount, your bot must use betfair api methods:  placeOrders, cancelOrders, replaceOrders.

All that means that your bot code is not just about betfair api methods wrappers, but more about operation flow, because your bot strategy could involve to place more bets on different market selections.

Bfexplorer bots offer such operation flow adding the base betting or trading features, so hedge bet calculation, dutch betting and so on. Bfexplorer bots implement those base features for you, you do not have to think more about betfair api, but about your strategy implementation, so you program your trading or betting model, and use bfexplorer bots to orchestrate bet operations.

The simplest way of implementing your own strategy is using the bot: Execute Trigger Bot, and you program your strategy logic in script code.

In my video you can see how such script looks like when implementing "your strategy". You can use it just replacing your code in the function:  getMySelectionAndBetType

In F# you can even use your python code if you want to: FSharp.Interop.PythonProvider

3.10.2017 16:54:43

You must select selections in NinjaTrader tool, so this way you declare which selection/s will be monitored when you click on Monitoring button. At the moment of clicking, in the Instrument column appears the selection name, so SEL1, ..., so in Ninja app you know which exact selection from betfair market is assigned to your chart.

So, man what you did? You clicked on Monitoring but having no selections selected, so no data were transferred to Ninja app. Actually, almost by chance, the first selection was almost selected when you resorted selections by clicking on a column, click on selection row, so the background of selection changes, you know that selection is selected right?

You are not 2 years old so you already learned, that when pressing on Ctrl keyboard, and then when clicking with the mouse on other rows/items in the list view/grid view, you add selections, are you familiar with that?

In the old version of that tool, you can see checkboxes, left from the selection name.

I noticed you have got 0 on betfair account, so the chance is you have got delayed data from betfair.

Another point, man I really do not know what you do, but watch your video yourself, can you see in bfexplorer Open Events, any open market?

No, we cannot see it, so I believe the NinjaTrader tool, was left there from previous tests, there must be a link between bfexplorer and the NinjaTrader tool.

Forgive me, but please take my advice, just try to think when you do anything computer related. Yes, on your video I can see you are quick user, me in my 52 years, I am not so quick, so maybe, therefore, I have got time to read what UI presents on the screen, and think before clicking :-)

3.10.2017 15:08:12

Did you read at least one of articles, the search result for ninja returns?

If not read this, and my comment:

Extension Ninja Trader

There are 4 steps you must do, and all will work, as you can read cardurco user confirmed that as well.

He used the new version of bfexplorer as well, as this website presents only articles to the new bfexplorer app. With the new release of bfexplorer I deleted all old articles, but I left the old ninja video as it is relevant information to setup ninja app first.

3.10.2017 13:18:40

Ok, I have fixed the search url, but web page offers Searching on web pages, so you could just type in Search in site: ninja, and you would get the same search result.

It does not matter that video is for the old bfexplorer app, it shows what you must do on Ninja app, to allow feeding of market data to ninja trader app through bfexplorer app.

You must be familiar with Ninja app, to use it with bfexplorer, it seems you are not.

3.10.2017 11:41:47

Please follow steps shown in the video to articles you can find on the forum, I gave you link to the search result.

30.9.2017 14:41:56

Football Bot, is trigger bot, you must set the parameter: BotName to your trading or betting bot. We can call such bot declared by BotName parameter: action bot.

So, the action bot is actually a bot that is going to place your bets, it could be bot settings of "Place Bet" or "Place Bet and Close Selection Bet Position (trading bot)" bot or whatever other bot allowing to place bets.

Any bot settings allow entering "Entry Criteria" (click on tab Entry Criteria in the bot settings dialog).

Here you can add, click on green plus icon, LastPriceTraded Is between x and y value.

As in your action bot setting you can declare on which selection bot will place bet/s, the parameters: Selection/ExecuteOnSelection and SortSelectionBy, your bot will know which selection LastPriceTraded to evaluate.

As your bot will use Entry Criteria, you can restrict how many times these entry criteria should be evaluated, just by setting the parameter: Market/EvaluateEntryCriteriaOnlyOnce.

So, what will happen when your Football bot triggers your action bot?

As the EvaluateEntryCriteriaOnlyOnce is set to True (checked), and Entry Criteria is set to evaluate LastPriceTraded Is between x and y value, then when LastPriceTraded Is not between x and y, your action bot will not place a bet, and ends its execution.

29.9.2017 20:50:00

In the latest bfexplorer release I have changed placeholders for query parameters to:
    {eventId}

{marketId}

{nMarketId}

{selectionId}

So, what useful urls could you add to your bfexplorer Web Browser tool?

Betfair Live Stream:

Match View & Stats:

Selection Chart:

Race Charts from my test web app: